What are Dark Circles?
Nowadays, it is common to see people having dark circles under the eyes. This problem can start fairly early for some people, even though, it is more popular among people with ages. In fact, regardless of age, both men and women feel like their appearances are not at the best shape with those bags under the eyes.
This problem is often classified as the hereditary issue. Furthermore, the dark circles will get worse as you age due to the thinning and losing of subcutaneous fat, lead to the exposure of blood vessels underneath the skin.
What cause Dark Circles?
This problem can be developed from various factors such as improper diet together with inadequate sleep, smoking excessively, allergies and even pollution.
Moreover, it can be triggered by menopause or pregnancy or even imbalance of hormone during the period of menstruation.
Currently, you can find lots of products which can be used to conceal the dark circles under your eyes. However, those products are usually expensive and contain harmful chemicals which have negative impact on skin.
Here are the top 10 most effective tips for how to remove dark circles which are so natural and simple that you can apply immediately in order to get rid of dark circles under your eyes as quick as possible.
With astringent and cooling effects, cucumber is considered the best and simplest tip that you can find for how to remove dark circles.
Additionally, cucumber can even help you lighten your skin, improve the flow of blood as well as decrease puffiness.
• Slice a cucumber thickly and put the cucumber slices into the fridge for chilling. Then place the chilled slices of cucumber onto your eyes for about 15 minutes. After that, use warm water to wash the eye area. Practice twice every day for 1 week.
• Also you can grate a cucumber and extract its juice then put it into the fridge for couples of minute. Use a cotton ball to put the juice onto the eye area. Keep it on for at least 15 minutes in order to let the juice be absorbed. After that, cleanse off using warm water. Practice twice every day for 1 week.
• Lastly, mix equal amount of juice from cucumber and lemon together then put the mixture onto the eye area using cotton ball. After about 15 minutes, cleanse off using water. Practice once every day in 8 – 10 days.
Besides dark circles, cucumber is also an excellent remedy for other skin problems on face such as blemishes..
Powerful bleaching effect from them is the reason why potatoes are included in the tips for how to remove dark circles. Moreover, potatoes are also be used in the treatment of puffy eyes as well.
• Put 2 potatoes into the fridge for chilling in 1 hour.
• Then have them peeled and then extract their juice.
• Use a cotton ball to put the juice onto the eye area before bedtime. Keep it on overnight.
• Next morning, cleanse off using warm water.
• Practice every day for at least 1 week.
3. Green Tea Bag
Contain abundance of tannins and antioxidants, bags of green tea are significant tip for removing dark circles. Even better, tannins from green tea can also alleviate the puffiness and swelling as well.
• Put 2 bags of green tea into some water and boil for about 10 minutes.
• Then take the bags out and chill them inside the fridge for about 30 minutes.
• Then place the cold bags of green tea onto the eye area for at least 15 minutes.
• Practice twice every day for about 10 days.
Also Read : 10 Benefits of Green Tea
4. Rose Water
This gentle substance contains a fabulous benefit in enhancing skin as well as lightening dark circles under your eyes. With plenty of antioxidants, rose water will assist you in strengthening skin cells, regenerating skin tissue as well as rejuvenating eye skin.
• Put some rose water onto the eye area using a cotton ball.
• After about 15 minutes, cleanse off using warm water.
• Practice twice every day in 2 weeks.
5. Almond Oil
Possessing numerous minerals and vitamins, almond oil is highly regarded as the one of the top essential oil for lightening the skin area surrounding eyes. This oil can even rejuvenate and replenish delicate skin and maintain its moisture.
• Put some drops of almond oil onto the skin area around your eyes and massage lightly before bedtime. Next morning, cleanse off using cold water. Practice every day.
• Also you can put some drops of almond oil into a tbsp of honey. Then put that mixture onto the skin area under your eyes before bedtime. Next morning, cleanse off using warm water. Practice every day.
Also Read : Health benefits of Almonds
Lactic acid from milk is significant component for how to remove your dark circles naturally. Furthermore, with antioxidant, enzymes, protein and amino acids, milk also can effectively strengthen and heal any skin damage. In this case, milk can be used as the cold compress for the treatment of dark circles and puffiness of eyes.
• Use the milk which has been chilled in the fridge for about 1 hour to put on the skin area under eyes with a cotton ball.
• Keep the cotton ball on until it becomes warm.
• Practice 3 – 4 times every day in couples of week.
Containing antioxidant lycopene, tomato is on the same level of effectiveness as cucumber on how to remove dark circles quickly and naturally.
• Put a tomato of medium size into the blender to make a paste.
• Put in ½ tsp of lemon juice, a bit of turmeric powder and 2 tsps of gram flour and mix together.
• Put the paste onto the dark skin area.
• Keep it on for about 15 minutes before cleanse off using warm water.
• Practice 2 – 3 times every week.
The strong cooling property of mint is excellent against tiring eyes. Not only that, mint is also a brilliant remedy for how to remove dark circles.
• Create a paste from grinding some fresh leaves of mint. Then put in some lemon juice.
• Place that mixture onto the dark circles under eyes.
• After about 15 minutes, cleanse off using warm water.
• Then dry using a soft cloth.
• Practice once every day.
9. Coconut Oil
You cannot leave coconut oil out when you are searching for how to remove dark circles naturally and effectively. This essential oil can help you moisture the thin and delicate skin under your eyes. Due to the easiness in absorption of coconut oil, you will be able to observe positive changes in just a few days.
• Put some coconut oil onto the skin around your eyes.
• Massage using circular motion with clockwise direction first and anti-clockwise direction is next.
• Keep the oil on overnight and cleanse off next morning using warm water.
• Practice every day for 1 week.
With the use of coconut oil, you can even treat a serious skin infection which is cellulitis.
10. Fenugreek Seeds
Last ingredient for how to remove dark circles is the mighty fenugreek seeds. With vitamin C, protein and potassium, it can easily help you maintain the balance levels of pH on the skin, which is an essential factor in upholding skin tone.
• Put 2 tsps of fenugreek seeds into water and soak for about 3 – 4 hours.
• Then have them grinded into a paste.
• Put in ½ tsp of turmeric powder and a tsp of raw milk.
• Place that mixture onto the eye area.
• After about 15 minutes, cleanse off using cold water.
• Practice once every day for 1 week.
Author Bio: Katie Smith is the enthusiastic woman. She loves writing about health and lifestyle on Reviewmoon.