Mustard Oil Massage
- Gently massage the baby’s tummy with mustard oil as it helps to calm the digestive and also induces sleep in babies.
- They help to facilitate digestion and prevent gas from forming.
- Just boil 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds with a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, just give 1 teaspoon of this concoction to your baby 2-3 times a day.
- This traditional Indian spice help to relieve gas in babies.
- Just Take a pinch of hing and dissolve it in a spoonful of warm water and apply it around your child’s navel.
Note : For babies above 1 year of age, you may add a pinch of ASAFETIDA to his food, such as dal ka paani, Khichdi etc.
- Fennel has antispasmodic properties and helps toddlers to relive gas.
- Just boil one and half teaspoons of fennel seeds in 4 cups of water. Allow it to cool and give it to your toddler 1 teaspoon 2-3 time a day.
- Exercise your baby’s legs slowly in a cycling motion.
- This puts pressure on the tummy and helps the baby to pass the gas
- Note : DO this at least an hour after feeding.
How to prevent gas formation?
- Always burp the baby after a feed and this should be done immediately after the baby feeds.
- The nipple of his bottle should have a small hole else a lot of air can also reach your baby’s tummy.
- While feeding the baby with a bottle, make sure that the bottle is tilted in such a way that the entire nipple is filled and there is no space for air.
- Note : If all of the above do not work, consult your pediatrician immediately.
For More Information Visit : https://www.betakecare.com/