A dentist can perform various procedures to improve a smile. Behind every smile there are teeth and for every healthy tooth, there is a dentist behind it. A Dentist helps to improve teeth and gums. There are many options and techniques to improve one’s oral health. A cosmetic dentist is certainly one among them.
About Cosmetic Dentistry
In simple words, cosmetic dentistry basically helps a person to improve the smile and overall appearance by improving teeth in terms of shape, size, color and also alignments. It takes overall care of dental health. Dentistry is not much expensive but negligence is, so it’s better to consult a dentist for the betterment of dental health.
There are certain procedures which are as follows:
1. Bleaching: is a popular chemical process which is used to clean and whiten the teeth. In this process, teeth are bleached to remove the strains while other just can get a white shade. People do not get any tooth-coloured material which is used to fill the gaps between or to change the color of the teeth. It is the basic process of filling up cavities and is also used to closed spaces between teeth.
2. Crowns: also known as a cap which is used to restore the shape and alignment of teeth for better appearance. It is mostly time a consuming process but have the longest life time expectancy. A dentist may recommend these treatment to:
- Replacing a large filling when there aren’t enough teeth remaining.
- Protection of a relatively weak tooth from fracturing.
- Attach a bridge
- Cover teeth that have had root canal treatment.
- Dental implant covering.
- Restoring fractured teeth.
3. Veneers: In this treatment a thin piece of porcelain is placed over teeth to change the color or shape of the teeth. In this treatment anaesthesia required. A dentist uses this process when a tooth is discolored, oddly shaped, unevenly spaced or crooked. Veneers are used to some of the same problems.
4. Shaping: These are the treatment to reshape the crooked teeth, irregular shaped, chipped and also overlapping teeth. If minor cosmetic problem makes someone afraid to smile then it is the right treatment for the patient. Cosmetic countering is the fast and easy way for a perfect smile.
Just like any other health problems, a teeth problem should not be ignored. Just like cosmetic dentistry a dentist provide a wide range of activities like tooth extraction, treatment of tooth problems like a cavity, bad or bleeding gums, etc. A timely visit to a dentist helps in timely identification of any kinds of serious problems and certainly helps in better treatment. For dealing with tooth problems one should always consult an expert or professional.
Perio Health Partners have made a name for themselves by virtue of their good work and is regarded as a one-stop solution for every tooth problem. So, given the importance, it is very crucial to visit a dentist or a tooth expert on a frequent interval for the best results.